Friday, March 15, 2013

Restaurant Review: Modavie

Hey y'all! 

Last night, we discovered an amazing Mediterranean restaurant, Modavie, here in Montreal. It's located at 1 Saint-Paul Street West. The lighting is pretty dark, but the tables are far enough apart that you can enjoy meal with your company, and the service is great. Our waitress was really sweet and when she realized we were American asked us all about Boston and made us feel very welcome. Every night, there's live music every night in the restaurant, on either the first or second floor. 

My main dish, the Sicilian Penne Rigate
We split a Fried Calamari to start, then I ordered the Sicilian Penne Rigate. The pasta dish is based in a spicy (but not too spicy) red sauce along with sausage, black olives, and topped with gorgonzola cheese. I'm a big fan of all of those ingredients, so my mouth was really happy. The serving was pretty big, but again, I couldn't have imagined a better combo, so I joined the clean-plate club. I was too full for dessert but spied a tiramisu on the menu that I will be digging into the moment I'm back in Montreal. 

Definitely check this place out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment